Phew... it's been a whirlwind long weekend here! We've been hard at work with a minor bathroom renovation (plus a little work on the office-to-be... more to come on that later). The main goals for the bathroom were to solve our humidity and moisture problem and to add more storage to the small space (apparently in 1942 they didn't need as much room to get ready).
This is how the bathroom looked before:
And here's how it looks now (sure wish I had a wider angle lens):
This is what we tackled:
- Cleaned the walls and ceiling and primed with Zinser Bulls Eye 123 Plus to create a moisture barrier
- Painted the walls and ceiling with Behr Premium Plus Ultra color-matched to Benjamin Moore's Yarmouth Blue (a perfect calm, grey blue)
- Installed a new, more powerful ventilation fan to suck out all our shower steam
- Replaced the hard-to-clean vintage light fixture with an updated, but still classic vanity light (we'll be selling the old one on Craig's list)
- Hung a mirrored medicine cabinet and large wall cabinet (that I found at HomeGoods for over 75% less than we would have paid elsewhere) to stash away our toiletries
- Added baskets and containers for even more storage options and decorative accessories to pull everything together.
And here are some detail shots:
This was by far our most challenging project so far - Chris' first electrical project and my first attempt at ceiling painting - and we ran into a few hiccups along the way. But after three days of hard work, I can proudly say that our bathroom makeover is now complete and I love it!