Thursday, July 19, 2012

Nursery Reveal (Long Overdue!)

Now that Tyler is three and a half months old, I finally found time to post some photos of his nursery. I've been back at work for three weeks now and man oh man, this whole working mom thing is just exhausting! I feel like I'm on a hamster wheel from 6am-10pm these days, but know it will get easier with time.

A while back, I shared my plan for a subtly nautical nursery for our baby boy. Here's the finished product!






Of course I love me some organization so everything has its place, including these pails over the changing area that keep the necessities close at hand but out of reach of a certain naughty golden doodle.


Here's a closer look at the "reading nook" in the corner...


This adorable Noah's Ark toy set was a shower gift (and is available at Sweet Praises, my friend's lovely online Christian gift shop).


And did you spot the little frames on the shelves? They hold baby pictures of Chris and me.


Wondering who he looks like? Here's a recent picture if you'd like to weigh in...


We think it's still up for debate, but I think he has my eyes!




12 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love it! and he is sure a keeper, your eyes but he sure does look like Chris
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this room. My son is 14 months now and I'm a working mom. But its all worth it. Can you tell me where you got the selfs for the reading area. I would love to do something like that. Thank you and I love reading you blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The bookcases in the reading area are Ikea Expedit (I used two of the 4 cube bookcases and just shoved one back in the corner to create the L shape). The wall shelves are old, but I've seen similar ones at Michaels.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stmbled across your blog from Pinterest and that rocking chair is super cute! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks! It's a Scroll Puff Rocker by Chicago Textile. I've had mine forever, but they can be custom ordered online or at nice baby stores.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The room is adorable. The baby is super cute too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room is absolutely adorable!!! The only thing I would suggest modifying is the crib bumper. They have been known to cause SIDS due to suffocation if the baby rolls to the side of the crib. You can purchase mesh breathable crib bumpers to replace soft pillowy ones. Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this is an older post but maybe another reader could use the info! :)

      Delete